Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

Maile Halatuituia
Hi List

Appreciate if someone would give some hint on the above subject.

Thanks

[TCC]

Confidentiality Notice:

This email (including any attachment) is intended for internal use only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of the content is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by email and delete this email and any attachment.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

jm+freeradiususer
This is hilarious. I am grabbing popcorn as we speak.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

Maile Halatuituia
Marki
Not quite sure what your comments are hhhmmmm sorry not quite catch up with these days joke .. ๐Ÿ˜Š ..

What I am trying to do is I already have this coming from my BNG (Note the Calling-Station-ID below is the User Phone Number configured on its MSAN port. I just want to do two things with that Calling-Station-ID

1. Just reply with Auth-Type = Accept just for test .
2. Secondly if the 1 above then maybe I will do further check between my Radius Server and our OSS billing system, for instance if the OSS  billing System return this particular phone is being temporary disconnect, then I would want Radius to return Reject as a reply to BNG therefore user got disconnect.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
Confidentiality Notice:

This email (including any attachment) is intended for internal use only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of the content is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by email and delete this email and any attachment.
Confidentiality Notice:

This email (including any attachment) is intended for internal use only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of the content is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by email and delete this email and any attachment.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

AVP.png (53K) Download Attachment

Re: Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

Alan DeKok-2
On Jul 15, 2020, at 5:05 PM, Maile Halatuituia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Not quite sure what your comments are hhhmmmm sorry not quite catch up with these days joke .. ๐Ÿ˜Š ..

  The point is that you need to ask *good* questions.  The following is a *bad* question:

  "Hi, I want to do stuff.  How do I do it?"

> What I am trying to do is I already have this coming from my BNG (Note the Calling-Station-ID below is the User Phone Number configured on its MSAN port. I just want to do two things with that Calling-Station-ID
>
> 1. Just reply with Auth-Type = Accept just for test .
> 2. Secondly if the 1 above then maybe I will do further check between my Radius Server and our OSS billing system, for instance if the OSS  billing System return this particular phone is being temporary disconnect, then I would want Radius to return Reject as a reply to BNG therefore user got disconnect.

  FreeRADIUS includes extensive documentation on how it works, and how to configure it.  It does NOT include documentation on how to configure *your specific* situation.  Because there is a huge variety of possibilities, and it's just impossible to document them all

  Instead, we rely on users to read the existing documentation, and to ask good questions.  As with everything else, even this process is documented:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  When you join the mailing list, you get a reply message which tells you to read that page.  There is a large percentage of people who seem to think that it's not important to read documentation or follow instructions.  Those people tend to get very angry when told to read documentation and follow instructions.

  So read the documentation page above, and follow the instructions.  Ask GOOD questions.  For example, we have no idea what you mean when you say:

> if the OSS  billing System return this particular phone is being temporary disconnect

  How does the billing system do that?  How does FreeRADIUS talk to the billing system?

  We can't read your mind.  We're not psychics.

  If you want technical answers, then ask technical questions.  If you want vague, useless answers, then ask vague, non-technical questions.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

jm+freeradiususer
Ask proper questions and get proper answers.

What exactly have you tried and what exactly isn't working?
Don't expect anyone to do your homework for you.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

Dan Swartzendruber
Lololol

On July 15, 2020, at 4:32 PM, marki <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is hilarious. I am grabbing popcorn as we speak.

On July 15, 2020 10:20:09 PM GMT+02:00, Maile Halatuituia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hi List
>
>Appreciate if someone would give some hint on the above subject.
>

>Thanks
>
>[TCC]

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

Maile Halatuituia
Hi Mark
Thanks you for your proper answer to my improper questions !!!..... Please note thatโ€™s just a joke ๐Ÿ˜Š....

Anyway.

Here is what I have now.

ADSL (PPPoE based ) ----- BNG-----------Freeraidus

          Billing System

Right now PPPoE Customer is authenticate (Perl Module) against their username locate on a database table on our Billing System . This is perfectly working.

However what I want is to add DHCP based Customer where I want to authorize those user by Option 82 (possibly by their Phone Number or MAC Address) . I have attached on my previous email the Access-Request send from BGN to my Radius but since the Radius is not yet configure to Accept that Auth-Type it reply with a Access-Reject. In summary all I want to do if the FreeRadius Server sees their Phone Number (Callint-Station-ID) on the Access-Request, then its just Accept and return a Access-Accept message or so ....

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

Maile Halatuituia
Sorry the Billing System to connect to Freeradius ..

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

jm+freeradiususer
Again, what have you tried so far and what is the exact problem? (Include debug output if necessary as per list instructions)

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: Freeradius Authenticate ADSL with Calling-Station ID

Maile Halatuituia
Hi Marki
I have managed to find a solution to this by adjusting the default server configuration This does the Job for me

# if Calling-Station-Id exists
    if ( &Calling-Station-Id ) {

# Update authorization request attribute
# Set the username to Calling-Station-Id

        update request {
            #&User-Name := "%{%{Stripped-User-name}:-%{User-Name}}@somerealm"
            &User-Name := "%{Calling-Station-Id}"

    # if Calling-Station-Id doesn't exists