FreeRadius Server not responding

shan t
Hi,
I am new to the freeRadius Server area.

I have installed freeRADIUS (1.0.5) on linux machine, and installation
completed without reporting any problem. But when I am trying to test
it using radclient, it hangs. I tried to connect to the radius server
from a windows machine using NTRadPing.exe also. It is saying request
timed out. I ran the freeradius on debug mode and tried to connect it.
It is not showing any signs of being contacted.

This is what I get when trying to run the freeRAdius on debug mode.

Thanks in advance
Shan

Starting - reading configuration files ...
reread_config:  reading radiusd.conf
Config:   including file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/proxy.conf
Config:   including file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/clients.conf
Config:   including file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/snmp.conf
Config:   including file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/eap.conf
Config:   including file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/sql.conf
 main: prefix = "/usr/local"
 main: localstatedir = "/usr/local/var"
 main: logdir = "/usr/local/var/log/radius"
 main: libdir = "/usr/local/lib"
 main: radacctdir = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct"
 main: hostname_lookups = no
 main: max_request_time = 30
 main: cleanup_delay = 5
 main: max_requests = 1024
 main: delete_blocked_requests = 0
 main: port = 0
 main: allow_core_dumps = no
 main: log_stripped_names = no
 main: log_file = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radius.log"
 main: log_auth = no
 main: log_auth_badpass = no
 main: log_auth_goodpass = no
 main: pidfile = "/usr/local/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid"
 main: user = "(null)"
 main: group = "(null)"
 main: usercollide = no
 main: lower_user = "no"
 main: lower_pass = "no"
 main: nospace_user = "no"
 main: nospace_pass = "no"
 main: checkrad = "/usr/local/sbin/checkrad"
 main: proxy_requests = yes
 proxy: retry_delay = 5
 proxy: retry_count = 3
 proxy: synchronous = no
 proxy: default_fallback = yes
 proxy: dead_time = 120
 proxy: post_proxy_authorize = yes
 proxy: wake_all_if_all_dead = no
 security: max_attributes = 200
 security: reject_delay = 1
 security: status_server = no
 main: debug_level = 0
read_config_files:  reading dictionary
read_config_files:  reading naslist
Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
read_config_files:  reading clients
read_config_files:  reading realms
radiusd:  entering modules setup
Module: Library search path is /usr/local/lib
Module: Loaded exec
 exec: wait = yes
 exec: program = "(null)"
 exec: input_pairs = "request"
 exec: output_pairs = "(null)"
 exec: packet_type = "(null)"
rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
Module: Instantiated exec (exec)
Module: Loaded expr
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded PAP
 pap: encryption_scheme = "crypt"
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded CHAP
Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
 mschap: use_mppe = yes
 mschap: require_encryption = no
 mschap: require_strong = no
 mschap: with_ntdomain_hack = no
 mschap: passwd = "(null)"
 mschap: authtype = "MS-CHAP"
 mschap: ntlm_auth = "(null)"
Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
Module: Loaded System
 unix: cache = no
 unix: passwd = "(null)"
 unix: shadow = "(null)"
 unix: group = "(null)"
 unix: radwtmp = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radwtmp"
 unix: usegroup = no
 unix: cache_reload = 600
Module: Instantiated unix (unix)
Module: Loaded eap
 eap: default_eap_type = "md5"
 eap: timer_expire = 60
 eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
 eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type leap
 gtc: challenge = "Password: "
 gtc: auth_type = "PAP"
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type gtc
 mschapv2: with_ntdomain_hack = no
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type mschapv2
Module: Instantiated eap (eap)
Module: Loaded preprocess
 preprocess: huntgroups = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/huntgroups"
 preprocess: hints = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/hints"
 preprocess: with_ascend_hack = no
 preprocess: ascend_channels_per_line = 23
 preprocess: with_ntdomain_hack = no
 preprocess: with_specialix_jetstream_hack = no
 preprocess: with_cisco_vsa_hack = no
Module: Instantiated preprocess (preprocess)
Module: Loaded realm
 realm: format = "suffix"
 realm: delimiter = "@"
 realm: ignore_default = no
 realm: ignore_null = no
Module: Instantiated realm (suffix)
Module: Loaded files
 files: usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/users"
 files: acctusersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/acct_users"
 files: preproxy_usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/preproxy_users"
 files: compat = "no"
Module: Instantiated files (files)
Module: Loaded Acct-Unique-Session-Id
 acct_unique: key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address,
Client-IP-Address, NAS-Port"
Module: Instantiated acct_unique (acct_unique)
Module: Loaded detail
 detail: detailfile =
"/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/%{Client-IP-Address}/detail-%Y%m%d"
 detail: detailperm = 384
 detail: dirperm = 493
 detail: locking = no
Module: Instantiated detail (detail)
Module: Loaded radutmp
 radutmp: filename = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radutmp"
 radutmp: username = "%{User-Name}"
 radutmp: case_sensitive = yes
 radutmp: check_with_nas = yes
 radutmp: perm = 384
 radutmp: callerid = yes
Module: Instantiated radutmp (radutmp)
Listening on authentication *:1812
Listening on accounting *:1813
Ready to process requests.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

AW: FreeRadius Server not responding

Michael Kakuschky
Hi, for client access you have to configure the

/usr/local/etc/raddb/clients.conf

And restart the radius.

Regards Michael

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
[...]

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

Re: FreeRadius Server not responding

Dusty Doris
> I have installed freeRADIUS (1.0.5) on linux machine, and installation
> completed without reporting any problem. But when I am trying to test
> it using radclient, it hangs. I tried to connect to the radius server
> from a windows machine using NTRadPing.exe also. It is saying request
> timed out. I ran the freeradius on debug mode and tried to connect it.
> It is not showing any signs of being contacted.

The fact that your debug is showing nothing coming in, means you aren't
hitting the server.  How are you using radclient?  Are you telling it to
hit localhost or your external IP or from one box to another's external
IP?

Can you show an example of the radclient command line arguments you passed
in addition to the debug you posted?
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

Re: FreeRadius Server not responding

shan t
Hi Doris,

Thank you very much.. the radclient is working perfectly ok now.. and
I am getting expected results for all the combination I have tried.

You are correct.. I was not giving the correct parameters while
calling radclient. But instead of complaining about the syntax
problem, it just hung, and i was under the impression that client is
running properly..

But I have another issue now.. I am not able to hit the radius server
from a windows machine using NTRadPing.exe. It is showing me an error
"no response from server(timeout)".  And Server is not showing any
thing.. it is continuing in the sleep mode.

Anyone is aware of a testing tool ( Windows Based) for testing the
radius server other than NTRadPing.exe ?

Cheers!
Shan

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html