Free radius external shell script problem

Free radius external shell script problem

Muhammad Ali Sarwar
I am using it for user authentication

Under Authorization using "update control" and running a script to get the
"Accept" as Athuntication type
Script has " httpasswd -bv testpassfile $username $password"

Script run ok with one option -b or -v but do not run with both option -bv
or -b -v.
Httpasswd use -bv for verify user and password and get both values  from
command

I will be grateful for the help in this matter

Regards
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Free radius external shell script problem

Alan DeKok-2
On Aug 5, 2019, at 4:10 AM, Muhammad Ali Sarwar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using it for user authentication
>
> Under Authorization using "update control" and running a script to get the
> "Accept" as Athuntication type
> Script has " httpasswd -bv testpassfile $username $password"
>
> Script run ok with one option -b or -v but do not run with both option -bv
> or -b -v.
> Httpasswd use -bv for verify user and password and get both values  from
> command
>
> I will be grateful for the help in this matter

  The documentation says to post the debug output.  When you opened a GitHub issue about this, THAT documentation said to post the debug output.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Free radius external shell script problem

Muhammad Ali Sarwar
Dear the debug is showing nothing only the reject as it is not getting the
Accept from the script.
But when I use sing option  -v  it prompt me for password and after
entering the password user connected. But I require to get the username and
password from the command

Httpasswd -bv testpassfile $username $password

Only problem that freeradius is not passing both option to script -bv  it
works fine with single option -b or -v.
But our need is -bv and httpasswd required both username and password with
-bv to authenticate.

Regards

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 16:50 Alan DeKok <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Aug 5, 2019, at 4:10 AM, Muhammad Ali Sarwar <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I am using it for user authentication
> >
> > Under Authorization using "update control" and running a script to get
> the
> > "Accept" as Athuntication type
> > Script has " httpasswd -bv testpassfile $username $password"
> >
> > Script run ok with one option -b or -v but do not run with both option
> -bv
> > or -b -v.
> > Httpasswd use -bv for verify user and password and get both values  from
> > command
> >
> > I will be grateful for the help in this matter
>
>   The documentation says to post the debug output.  When you opened a
> GitHub issue about this, THAT documentation said to post the debug output.

> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Free radius external shell script problem

Matthew Newton-3
On Mon, 2019-08-05 at 20:34 +0500, Muhammad Ali Sarwar wrote:
> Dear the debug is showing nothing only the reject as it is not
> getting the

I told you to read and follow http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help on
GitHub.

Alan also told you to follow the instructions given on GitHub.

We can't read your mind, or your computer screen.

It is a waste of our time trying to guess what you are doing from a
vague description without being able to actually *see* what the debug
output is.

I don't even know what the "Httpasswd" command is. It's not a standard
tool. Most systems use "htpasswd".

If you _are_ trying to call "htpasswd" to do the authentication, then
that's most likely the wrong way to solve the problem. A usual solution
would be to use the passwd module to read the htpasswd file, and then
do the authentication within FreeRADIUS using the pap module.

Don't call external scripts unless you _really_ have to.

--
Matthew