ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user

Shravan S G
Hi all,

I am trying to configure FreeRadius 2.2.0. I am trying to test with the radtest utility. However, when I run radtest, on my radiusd server, I get the following error - "ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user". I know this is some issue with the authentication part. However, I have not been able to pinpoint the problem. Also, I haven't been able to find any relevant solutions on the web.
I have just untarred the 2.2.0 tarball, and added just one line the users file: gokul Cleartext-Password:="abcde"
Below is the output on the server and the client side:

Server:

Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 47080, id=238, length=75
    User-Name = "gokul"
    User-Password = "abcde"
    NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
    NAS-Port = 0
    Message-Authenticator = 0xf92ae1fda2ea8f435d95c4a7294e1e55
# Executing section authorize from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
+- entering group authorize {...}
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
++[digest] returns noop
[suffix] No '@' in User-Name = "gokul", looking up realm NULL
[suffix] No such realm "NULL"
++[suffix] returns noop
[eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[files] returns noop
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.  Authentication may fail because of this.
++[pap] returns noop
ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user
Failed to authenticate the user.
Using Post-Auth-Type REJECT
# Executing group from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
+- entering group REJECT {...}
[attr_filter.access_reject]     expand: %{User-Name} -> gokul
attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Delaying reject of request 0 for 1 seconds
Going to the next request
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Sending delayed reject for request 0
Sending Access-Reject of id 238 to 127.0.0.1 port 47080
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
Cleaning up request 0 ID 238 with timestamp +19
Ready to process requests.


Client:

shravan@ubuntu:~/freeradius-server-2.2.0/raddb$ sudo radtest gokul abcde localhost 0 testing123
[sudo] password for shravan:
Sending Access-Request of id 238 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812
    User-Name = "gokul"
    User-Password = "abcde"
    NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
    NAS-Port = 0
    Message-Authenticator = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1812, id=238, length=20
shravan@ubuntu:~/freeradius-server-2.2.0/raddb$


This is m first attempt at using FreeRadius, so please let me know if I have made any rookie mistakes. :)

Thanks in advance.

Shravan

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user

A.L.M.Buxey
Hi,

>    I have just untarred the 2.2.0 tarball, and added just one line the users
>    file: gokul Cleartext-Password:="abcde"

at the top of the file...or at the bottom?  If you add it to the bottom then other
things in the file will prevent that user from being seen/used - add your test user/pass
to the top of the users file

you didnt give the full output of 'radiusd -X' either - I'm assuming that you are
editing the correct users file - eg /usr/local/etc/raddb/users  or /etc/raddb/users
and not the users file thats in the source directory...

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user

Phil Mayers
In reply to this post by Shravan S G
On 11/10/2012 03:54 AM, Shravan S G wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to configure FreeRadius 2.2.0. I am trying to test with the
> radtest utility. However, when I run radtest, on my radiusd server, I
> get the following error - "ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type)
> found for the request: Rejecting the user". I know this is some issue
> with the authentication part. However, I have not been able to pinpoint
> the problem. Also, I haven't been able to find any relevant solutions on
> the web.
> I have just untarred the 2.2.0 tarball, and added just one line the
> users file: gokul Cleartext-Password:="abcde"

If so, this hasn't taken. The debug shows:

> ++[files] returns noop

...and thenL

> [pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
> Authentication may fail because of this.
> ++[pap] returns noop
> ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request:

Check you're editing the right file.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user

Shravan S G
Issue is resolved.
I was infact editing the wrong users file. I was editing the users file in the raddb folder of the uncompressed tarball.
Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Shravan

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Phil Mayers <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11/10/2012 03:54 AM, Shravan S G wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to configure FreeRadius 2.2.0. I am trying to test with the
radtest utility. However, when I run radtest, on my radiusd server, I
get the following error - "ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type)
found for the request: Rejecting the user". I know this is some issue
with the authentication part. However, I have not been able to pinpoint
the problem. Also, I haven't been able to find any relevant solutions on
the web.
I have just untarred the 2.2.0 tarball, and added just one line the
users file: gokul Cleartext-Password:="abcde"

If so, this hasn't taken. The debug shows:

++[files] returns noop

...and thenL


[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
++[pap] returns noop
ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request:

Check you're editing the right file.


-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html


-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html