EAP/TLS Problem

Hamid Salim
I have set up all components and I am getting following message. any
help will be appreciated.

using openssl
         fedora core 3
        radius latest release

Module: Loaded eap
 eap: default_eap_type = "tls"
 eap: timer_expire = 60
 eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
 eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
rlm_eap: Failed to link EAP-Type/tls: rlm_eap_tls.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
radiusd.conf[9]: eap: Module instantiation failed.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

RE: EAP/TLS Problem

Thomas Tinsley

Hamid,

> I have set up all components and I am getting following
> message. any help will be appreciated.
>
> using openssl
>          fedora core 3
>         radius latest release

Q:  Was the fedora installation originally using the freeradius-1.0.2.rpm
package?  If so, then the /etc/init.d/radiusd script will need to be updated
with the proper binary and library directories.  This can easily be done by
the following command:
$ cp /usr/local/sbin/rc.radiusd /etc/init.d/radiusd
***NOTE:  be certain the radiusd process is stopped prior to updating the
init.d script.

The RPM package installation passes different paths to radiusd on startup
and this would explain the "No such file or directory" error.  I ran into
this problem recently on fedora core 4.

> Module: Loaded eap
>  eap: default_eap_type = "tls"
>  eap: timer_expire = 60
>  eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
>  eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
> rlm_eap: Failed to link EAP-Type/tls: rlm_eap_tls.so: cannot
> radiusd.conf[9]: eap: Module instantiation failed.

Tom Tinsley

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html