EAP MD5 authentication

Sudha-2
Hi List..
I'm trying EAP MD5 authentication using free radius but since MD5 doesn't generate any keys, I'm getting an error message "Failed to generate key".  Generally MD5 is used in the phase2 of TLS or PEAP and that is working fine.  Is it possible to establish EAP MD5 authentication without using, TLS or PEAP. The information in the supplicant.conf file is as:

network
{
    ssid=valid session ID
    identity="user"
    password="test"
    key_mgmt=NONE
    eap=MD5
    priority=1
}

Do help me in this regard asap, thanks in advance.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: EAP MD5 authentication

Zoltan Ori
On Tuesday 21 June 2005 07:13, Sudha wrote:
> Hi List..
> I'm trying EAP MD5 authentication using free radius but since MD5 doesn't
> generate any keys, I'm getting an error message "Failed to generate key".
> Generally MD5 is used in the phase2 of TLS or PEAP and that is working
> fine.  Is it possible to establish EAP MD5 authentication without using,
> TLS or PEAP. The information in the supplicant.conf file is as:

If you have included MD5 in your eap.conf, it will work whether other  EAP
types, TLS or PEAP, are the default. The following has always worked for me.
I'm assuming that you are doing this on a wired port and the NAS is
configured properly. From the description of your problem, I am guessing it
is not.

eap {
        default_eap_type = peap
        ignore_unknown_eap_types = no