Closing Accounting Sessions at the end of Month

Closing Accounting Sessions at the end of Month

Users mailing list
Hi all,I am using freeradius 3.0.12 with mysql.I want to close all open accounting sessions at the end of month to be able calculate monthly usages.
Should i use radzap, or another better option?
When i tried radzap as:
radzap -N nas-ip radiusServer-ip secret
i get:
Sent Accounting-Request Id 4 from 0.0.0.0:39563 to radiusServer-ip:1813 length 38 #(3 trials)(0) No reply from server for ID 4 socket 3
What am i doing wrong?
Thanks.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Closing Accounting Sessions at the end of Month

Alan DeKok-2

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 2:36 PM, Ali Arslan via Freeradius-Users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,I am using freeradius 3.0.12 with mysql.I want to close all open accounting sessions at the end of month to be able calculate monthly usages.
> Should i use radzap, or another better option?

  Don't use radzap.

  Instead, just copy the accounting data to a new table.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Closing Accounting Sessions at the end of Month

Users mailing list
 Thanks,Though radzap didn't work on radius server computer with server-ip localhost (127.0.0.0) with secret testing123 (default), it worked from another computer which is defined as a client in clients.conf.
But from radacct table i see that terminate cause is nas-reboot, so i think it disconnects all connected users. and i don't wan to disconnect users. so your suggestion is better.
As you suggested i will copy existing records to an archive table at the end of months, so radacct table will contain only current month records. I think interim updates will insert new records in radacct table for existing sessions after previous month records are cleared for online users.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html