Cisco WAP 1200 Accounting for 802.1X PEAP

Cisco WAP 1200 Accounting for 802.1X PEAP

Colleen C. Morrissey
I am having difficulty getting my Cisco APs (all 1230s) to send
accounting information regarding
802.1x PEAP authentications - stop/start info.    Does anyone have this
working?  If so can you please post the AP config.

I currently have the following:
aaa accounting network eap_methods start-stop group rad_acct

 I get radius accounting information for exec on the APs (people logging
directly into the AP), but not for wireless authentications.
So I know I have the radius server and config setup correctly.

Thanks
Colleen

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Cisco WAP 1200 Accounting for 802.1X PEAP

Stefan Winter
Hi,

> I am having difficulty getting my Cisco APs (all 1230s) to send
> accounting information regarding
> 802.1x PEAP authentications - stop/start info.    Does anyone have this
> working?  If so can you please post the AP config.

This is off-topic for this list (no RADIUS server issue). Anyway:

> I currently have the following:
> aaa accounting network eap_methods start-stop group rad_acct

This is only one part. It sends you start-stop packets when *network* events
happen, i.e. stop packet only when a EAPoL-Logoff is occuring on the network.
This does not cover events like "station disassociated", "cable was
unplugged" etc.
Try adding the two lines
aaa accounting system default start-stop group radius
aaa accounting resource default start-stop group radius
(eventually replacing "default" and "radius" for your setup)

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingénieur de recherche

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg
email: [hidden email]     tél.:     +352 424409-1
http://www.restena.lu               fax:      +352 422473

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html