COA NAK simulation from server using radclient

COA NAK simulation from server using radclient

tejeswi
Hi Team,

We are in need of your support to generate COA NAK message from server.

Attached is the output of radiusd server output.

Please help us in resolving this issue.

Please note that we tried almost all possible ways to simulate COA NAk form
server POV but no luck.

radiusd.txt (37K) Download Attachment

Re: COA NAK simulation from server using radclient

Alan DeKok-2
On Mar 30, 2021, at 6:27 AM, tejeswi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please note that we tried almost all possible ways to simulate COA NAk form
> server POV but no luck.

  So... what did you try?  What was the result?

  We're not mind readers or magicians.  If your question is "I did stuff, but it didn't work".  The only real response is "do different stuff".

  If you post detailed questions which explain things, we can give detailed answers.

  As for the debug output...

> Listening on coa address 192.167.3.6 port 2010 bound to server default

  No, that is NOT what the documentation says to do.  Go read raddb/sites-available/coa

  This is fully documented.

> (0) Received CoA-Request Id 111 from 192.167.3.31:2000 to 192.167.3.6:2010 length 119
> (0)   User-Name = "radiususer"
> (0)   User-Password = "\372\3574jT'C\034\3273\216\241J\235ϱ"
> (0)   NAS-Identifier = "radiusServerNode"
> (0)   Message-Authenticator = 0x77cec9b9750b9f8f947aeb711b614550
> (0)   Called-Station-Id = "Rclient1.radius.com"
> (0)   Acct-Status-Type = Start
> (0)   Acct-Session-Id = "1000"
> (0) Sent CoA-ACK Id 111 from 192.167.3.6:2010 to 192.167.3.31:2000 length 0
> (0) Finished request

  You will note that the server doesn't actually *do* anything.  There's no output that it's processing the packet, running modules, etc.  This should be a strong hint that the configuration is completely broken.

  Read the documentation.  Do what it says.  It will work.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: COA NAK simulation from server using radclient

tejeswi
Hi Alan,

Thank you for your response.

Now I am able to simulate the COA NAK response.

Now i want to try to update coa with specific attributes to be sent from
the server.

Tried to add pre acct section in sites-available/coa path but not working.

Can you please help me out in resolving the same.

Attached is the server output for your reference.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 5:35 PM Alan DeKok <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2021, at 6:27 AM, tejeswi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Please note that we tried almost all possible ways to simulate COA NAk
> form
> > server POV but no luck.
>
>   So... what did you try?  What was the result?
>
>   We're not mind readers or magicians.  If your question is "I did stuff,
> but it didn't work".  The only real response is "do different stuff".
>
>   If you post detailed questions which explain things, we can give
> detailed answers.
>
>   As for the debug output...
>
> > Listening on coa address 192.167.3.6 port 2010 bound to server default
>
>   No, that is NOT what the documentation says to do.  Go read
> raddb/sites-available/coa
>
>   This is fully documented.
>
> > (0) Received CoA-Request Id 111 from 192.167.3.31:2000 to
> 192.167.3.6:2010 length 119
> > (0)   User-Name = "radiususer"
> > (0)   User-Password = "\372\3574jT'C\034\3273\216\241J\235ϱ"
> > (0)   NAS-Identifier = "radiusServerNode"
> > (0)   Message-Authenticator = 0x77cec9b9750b9f8f947aeb711b614550
> > (0)   Called-Station-Id = "Rclient1.radius.com"
> > (0)   Acct-Status-Type = Start
> > (0)   Acct-Session-Id = "1000"
> > (0) Sent CoA-ACK Id 111 from 192.167.3.6:2010 to 192.167.3.31:2000
> length 0
> > (0) Finished request
>
>   You will note that the server doesn't actually *do* anything.  There's
> no output that it's processing the packet, running modules, etc.  This
> should be a strong hint that the configuration is completely broken.
>
>   Read the documentation.  Do what it says.  It will work.

> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

coa_update.txt (39K) Download Attachment

On Apr 1, 2021, at 9:24 AM, tejeswi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Now I am able to simulate the COA NAK response.

  That's good...

> Now i want to try to update coa with specific attributes to be sent from
> the server.
>
> Tried to add pre acct section in sites-available/coa path but not working.

  I've already told you that you shouldn't post messages saying "it doesn't work".  Your approach makes it look like you're just giving up, and asking me to do all of the work.  I don't get paid to help people.  So if you make it difficult for me to help you, I might as well give up and stop.

> Can you please help me out in resolving the same.
>
> Attached is the server output for your reference.

(0) # Executing section send-coa from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/coa
(0)   send-coa {
(0)     update coa {
(0)       ERROR: Failed to create a CoA/Disconnect Request message

  None of the documentation says to do this.  You do "update request" when sending a CoA packet.

  Read "man unlang".  This IS documented.  Look for "update coa".

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: COA NAK simulation from server using radclient

tejeswi
Hi Alan,

Thank you very much for your responses.

I had gone through man unlang and also raddb/sites-available/originate-coa
files as well.

I understand that we need to place an update request block to simulate the
attributes list.. But where to keep the block for COA i am still not
clear.. :(

So can you just tell me where to keep this block in which file that would
really help us a lot.

Thanks in advance. Really appreciate your effort in supporting us.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 7:10 PM Alan DeKok <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2021, at 9:24 AM, tejeswi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Now I am able to simulate the COA NAK response.
>
>   That's good...
>
> > Now i want to try to update coa with specific attributes to be sent from
> > the server.
> >
> > Tried to add pre acct section in sites-available/coa path but not
> working.
>
>   I've already told you that you shouldn't post messages saying "it
> doesn't work".  Your approach makes it look like you're just giving up, and
> asking me to do all of the work.  I don't get paid to help people.  So if
> you make it difficult for me to help you, I might as well give up and stop.
>
> > Can you please help me out in resolving the same.
> >
> > Attached is the server output for your reference.
>
> (0) # Executing section send-coa from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/coa
> (0)   send-coa {
> (0)     update coa {
> (0)       ERROR: Failed to create a CoA/Disconnect Request message
>

>   None of the documentation says to do this.  You do "update request" when
> sending a CoA packet.
>
>   Read "man unlang".  This IS documented.  Look for "update coa".

> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Re: COA NAK simulation from server using radclient

tejeswi
Hi Alan,

Forgot to mention radiusd output file.

Also i have configured update request block in coa server file. But i am
getting update request as noop in server output. Not sure from where this
is getting.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 1:42 PM tejeswi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Thank you very much for your responses.
>
> I had gone through man unlang and also raddb/sites-available/originate-coa
> files as well.
>
> I understand that we need to place an update request block to simulate the
> attributes list.. But where to keep the block for COA i am still not
> clear.. :(
>
> So can you just tell me where to keep this block in which file that would
> really help us a lot.
>
> Thanks in advance. Really appreciate your effort in supporting us.
>

> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 7:10 PM Alan DeKok <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 1, 2021, at 9:24 AM, tejeswi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Now I am able to simulate the COA NAK response.
>>
>>   That's good...
>>
>> > Now i want to try to update coa with specific attributes to be sent from
>> > the server.
>> >
>> > Tried to add pre acct section in sites-available/coa path but not
>> working.
>>
>>   I've already told you that you shouldn't post messages saying "it
>> doesn't work".  Your approach makes it look like you're just giving up, and
>> asking me to do all of the work.  I don't get paid to help people.  So if
>> you make it difficult for me to help you, I might as well give up and stop.
>>
>> > Can you please help me out in resolving the same.
>> >
>> > Attached is the server output for your reference.
>>
>> (0) # Executing section send-coa from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/coa
>> (0)   send-coa {
>> (0)     update coa {
>> (0)       ERROR: Failed to create a CoA/Disconnect Request message
>>

>>   None of the documentation says to do this.  You do "update request"
>> when sending a CoA packet.
>>
>>   Read "man unlang".  This IS documented.  Look for "update coa".
>>
>>   Alan DeKok.
>>

>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

> ------------------------
> Regards
> Tejeswi K

radiusd.txt (39K) Download Attachment

Re: COA NAK simulation from server using radclient

tejeswi
hi Alan,

Sorry for spamming your inbox.

I am able to simulate COA request & reply both.

Thanks a lot for your help.