Blocking of BYE while Free Radius doing accounting

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Blocking of BYE while Free Radius doing accounting

suresh
*------- BYE -----> OPenSIPs  ------BYE------> FS*


ON BYE request OpenSIPs do accounting using below configuration.
async( radius_send_acct("set2"), DEFAULT_RELAY_ROUTE_0);

When there are 100 cps, I am facing the issue in some calls
while free-radius takes approx 1 sec to complete accounting but on that
calls OpenSIPs block the BYE message until free-radius complete accounting.


Aug  8 08:31:16 OS /usr/local/sbin/opensips[3977]: [ [hidden email]
] Before Accounting : 1502181075000072
Aug  8 08:31:16 OS /usr/local/sbin/opensips[3977]: [ [hidden email]
] After Accounting : 1502181076001483

OpenSIPs received BYE Time: 1502181075000072

OpenSIPs Relay BYE Time: 1502181076001483


Time Difference Between Relay BYE and Received BYE
*1502181076001483 - 1502181075000072=1001411 usec.*


How to prevent Blocking of BYE while Free Radius doing accounting?

Free Radius is running on UDP protocol.

It would be appreciable if any help.

Thank You

--
Regards,
Suresh Talasaniya.
Software Developer.
Ecosmob Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Contact : +91-9724264776
Skype : suresh.ecosmob
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Blocking of BYE while Free Radius doing accounting

Adam Bishop-2
On 10 Aug 2017, at 13:46, Sureshbhai Talasaniya <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How to prevent Blocking of BYE while Free Radius doing accounting?

If you want to prevent the behaviour you'll need to look at opensips and configure it not to wait (if that is even supported).

If you want to mitigate the problem:
* Make the accounting process run faster - 1 second is a really long time, and FreeRADIUS is not going to be the bottleneck. Fix your database, or your network, or give FreeRADIUS more hardware/threads/processes to work with.
  If you post a debug log with timestamps, someone on the list should be able to tell you where the bottleneck is.
* Make the accounting asynchronous - look at sites-available/decoupled-accounting

Regards,

Adam Bishop

  gpg: E75B 1F92 6407 DFDF 9F1C  BF10 C993 2504 6609 D460

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.

Jisc Services Limited is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under company number 2881024, VAT number GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is: One Castle Park, Tower Hill, Bristol BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.  


-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Blocking of BYE while Free Radius doing accounting

suresh
Hello Adam Bishop,

Thank you for your support.

I try with stop radius service and send calls but all calls are blocked,
OpenSIPs does not relay any calls until request timeout occurs from the
radius.

I am looking a solution like if radius server service is stopped then calls
(SIP Signaling must be work properly) should not stop (Only Accounting can
stop).


I am following the below link for OpenSIPs + Radius async:

*http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.2.x/aaa_radius.html
<http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.2.x/aaa_radius.html>*

async( radius_send_acct("set2"), DEFAULT_RELAY_ROUTE_0);


*[root@OS ~]#  readelf -d /usr/local/lib64/opensips/modules/aaa_radius.so *


Dynamic section at offset 0xbd58 contains 25 entries:
 Tag        Type                         Name/Value
0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
[libfreeradius-client.so.2]
0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library: [libc.so.6]
0x000000000000000c (INIT)               0x1b20
0x000000000000000d (FINI)               0x92a4
0x0000000000000019 (INIT_ARRAY)         0x20bd38
0x000000000000001b (INIT_ARRAYSZ)       8 (bytes)
0x000000000000001a (FINI_ARRAY)         0x20bd40
0x000000000000001c (FINI_ARRAYSZ)       8 (bytes)
0x000000006ffffef5 (GNU_HASH)           0x1f0
0x0000000000000005 (STRTAB)             0xc10
0x0000000000000006 (SYMTAB)             0x3b8
0x000000000000000a (STRSZ)              1182 (bytes)
0x000000000000000b (SYMENT)             24 (bytes)
0x0000000000000003 (PLTGOT)             0x20c000
0x0000000000000002 (PLTRELSZ)           1008 (bytes)
0x0000000000000014 (PLTREL)             RELA
0x0000000000000017 (JMPREL)             0x1730
0x0000000000000007 (RELA)               0x1190
0x0000000000000008 (RELASZ)             1440 (bytes)
0x0000000000000009 (RELAENT)            24 (bytes)
0x000000006ffffffe (VERNEED)            0x1160
0x000000006fffffff (VERNEEDNUM)         1
0x000000006ffffff0 (VERSYM)             0x10ae
0x000000006ffffff9 (RELACOUNT)          19
0x0000000000000000 (NULL)               0x0



Thank you for spending the time to reply. I sincerely appreciate the time
you spent.
Kindly please suggest me what can I do to resolve the issue?



On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Adam Bishop <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10 Aug 2017, at 13:46, Sureshbhai Talasaniya <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > How to prevent Blocking of BYE while Free Radius doing accounting?
>
> If you want to prevent the behaviour you'll need to look at opensips and
> configure it not to wait (if that is even supported).
>
> If you want to mitigate the problem:
> * Make the accounting process run faster - 1 second is a really long time,
> and FreeRADIUS is not going to be the bottleneck. Fix your database, or
> your network, or give FreeRADIUS more hardware/threads/processes to work
> with.
>   If you post a debug log with timestamps, someone on the list should be
> able to tell you where the bottleneck is.
> * Make the accounting asynchronous - look at sites-available/decoupled-
> accounting
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam Bishop
>
>   gpg: E75B 1F92 6407 DFDF 9F1C  BF10 C993 2504 6609 D460
>
> jisc.ac.uk
>
> Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by
> guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No.
> GB 197 0632 86. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill,
> Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.
>
> Jisc Services Limited is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company
> limited by guarantee which is registered in England under company number
> 2881024, VAT number GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is: One Castle
> Park, Tower Hill, Bristol BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.
>
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/
> list/users.html




--
Regards,
Suresh Talasaniya.
Software Developer.
Ecosmob Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Contact : +91-9724264776
Skype : suresh.ecosmob
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Blocking of BYE while Free Radius doing accounting

Alan DeKok-2
On Aug 11, 2017, at 6:10 AM, Sureshbhai Talasaniya <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I try with stop radius service and send calls but all calls are blocked,
> OpenSIPs does not relay any calls until request timeout occurs from the
> radius.
>
> I am looking a solution like if radius server service is stopped then calls
> (SIP Signaling must be work properly) should not stop (Only Accounting can
> stop).

  This is a problem for SIP.  No amount of poking FreeRADIUS will make SIP work differently.

> I am following the below link for OpenSIPs + Radius async:

  That is OpenSIP configuration.  Ask them how their software works.

  Alan DeKok.


-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
Loading...