Automatic Yum upgrade of freeradius overwrite dictionary

Automatic Yum upgrade of freeradius overwrite dictionary

We have an auto yum upgrade on CentOS overwrite our
/usr/share/freeradius/dictionary file last night.

Is there a way to prevent this?

Should we put $INCLUDE dictionary.whatever into /etc/raddb/dictionary
instead?

Regards

Rob

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Automatic Yum upgrade of freeradius overwrite dictionary

Matthew Newton-3

On 13/11/2020 09:29, Rob Hughes via Freeradius-Users wrote:
> We have an auto yum upgrade on CentOS overwrite our
> /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary file last night.

Yes, that's why there is a large comment at the top that says don't edit
any of the files in that directory, what might happen if you do, and
what you should edit instead.

> Is there a way to prevent this?
>
> Should we put $INCLUDE dictionary.whatever into /etc/raddb/dictionary
> instead?

Put local changes in /etc/raddb/dictionary which is part of your own
config, the packages manage the files in /usr/share/freeradius.

--
Matthew