Auto connect users using freeradius

Users mailing list

Hello, I  am trying to configure freeradius to auto-authenticate or connect users. let's say I have mac address table which has a whitelist for mac address, how can I configure freeradius to connect these mac address automatically without a web page, I don't know how can I do that, actually I am working on hotspot system, I can connect users when they send request from a web page, but what about the devices which do not have web browser like (Printer), how can I do that.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Auto connect users using freeradius

Alan DeKok-2

On Aug 23, 2020, at 8:52 AM, Muhammed Buvaydani via Freeradius-Users <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, I  am trying to configure freeradius to auto-authenticate or connect users. let's say I have mac address table which has a whitelist for mac address, how can I configure freeradius to connect these mac address automatically without a web page,

  You don't.

  You configure the NAS to do MAC address authentication.  That sends a RADIUS packet with the MAC address to FreeRADIUS.  FreeRADIUS can then look that MAC up in the database, and return accept / reject.

> I don't know how can I do that, actually I am working on hotspot system, I can connect users when they send request from a web page, but what about the devices which do not have web browser like (Printer), how can I do that.

  See the hotspot documentation for how to configure MAC address authentication.

  In short, the RADIUS server needs to get MAC addresses in the Access-Request packets.  If that doesn't happen, then no amount of poking the RADIUS server will make things magically work.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html