Adding a custom attribute

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Adding a custom attribute

Radoslav Kolev-2
Hi, all!

I'm using FreeRADIUS 1.0.1 with the MySQL backend.

I want to send out a reply attribute which is not in the standard
dictionary file.  What I did is edit /etc/raddb/dictionary and added
a line like:

ATTRIBUTE      Some-Attribute             229     string

Then inserted a row in the radreply table:

insert into radreply values ('','user','Some-Attribute', ':=', "text");


When I chek with radtest or actual NAS, the new reply attribute is not
sent in the Access Accept packet.  If I delete the above line from the
dictionary file and run the server in debug mode, I see a Unknown
attribute error from the mysql module("Error: rlm_sql: unknown attribute
Some-Attribute"), which is normal.  When the attribute is in the
dictionary no errors are given, and it is still not appended to the
reply.  


Is there something else I need to to except adding the line to the
dictionary file?  I have added new attributes like that to FreeRADIUS
0.9.3 and it worked, has anything changed since then?


Regards,
Rado

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adding a custom attribute

Alan DeKok
Radoslav Kolev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When the attribute is in the
> dictionary no errors are given, and it is still not appended to the
> reply.  

  Try it in the "users" file first.  That may be different.

> Is there something else I need to to except adding the line to the
> dictionary file?  I have added new attributes like that to FreeRADIUS
> 0.9.3 and it worked, has anything changed since then?

  Lots of things have changed, but that should still work.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adding a custom attribute

Radoslav Kolev-2
On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 11:28 -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Radoslav Kolev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > When the attribute is in the
> > dictionary no errors are given, and it is still not appended to the
> > reply.  
>
>   Try it in the "users" file first.  That may be different.
>
I've tried it, with the same effect.  Adding other reply attirutes work,
but just the new one I defined in the dictionary file doesn't.

Any ideas?

Rado


-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adding a custom attribute

Alan DeKok
Radoslav Kolev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've tried it, with the same effect.  Adding other reply attirutes work,
> but just the new one I defined in the dictionary file doesn't.
>
> Any ideas?

  Not really.  There's nothing magic about the dictionaries.  Adding
attributes should work, and does for the tests I've run.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adding a custom attribute

Radoslav Kolev-2
On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 17:55 -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Radoslav Kolev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've tried it, with the same effect.  Adding other reply attirutes work,
> > but just the new one I defined in the dictionary file doesn't.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
>   Not really.  There's nothing magic about the dictionaries.  Adding
> attributes should work, and does for the tests I've run.
>
What I can figure out from the debug mode output is that my custom
attribute is actually added to the dictionary. The error about unknown
attribute that is reported before altering the dictionary file
disappears.  The problem is that it is not appended in the access accept
packet, although I have added it in the reply section/table to either
mysql or users file with a ':=' operator.

If thats relevant I'm using a default Fedora Core 3 install and
freeradius if from the Fedora RPMs.

Regards,
RAdo

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adding a custom attribute

Alan DeKok
Radoslav Kolev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What I can figure out from the debug mode output is that my custom
> attribute is actually added to the dictionary. The error about unknown
> attribute that is reported before altering the dictionary file
> disappears.  The problem is that it is not appended in the access accept
> packet, although I have added it in the reply section/table to either
> mysql or users file with a ':=' operator.

  I have no idea why that would be happening.

  When I do the test with 1.0.4, it works for me.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html