Acct-Input-Octets Unknown Module

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Acct-Input-Octets Unknown Module

Osama Zien Adden
Dears,

I installed FreeRadius 3 on CentOS 7.

I got this error message:

  # Instantiating module "post_proxy_log" from file
/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/detail.log
/etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf[28]: Failed parsing
expanded string:
/etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf[28]:
...ed-IP-Address}','%{Service-Type}','%{Acct-Input-Octets:-0}','%{Acct-Output-Octets:-0}','%{NA...

/etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf[28]:
                      ^ Unknown module

The Acct-Input-Octets considered as Unknown Module.
I enabled "redis" and "rediswho" and installed redis-server .. even I think
that "redis" is not the module that I missed.

Kindly advice, why FreeRadius can not deal with "Acct-Input-Octets" ?
What is the required module in mods-enabled that I should activate to use
"Acct-Input-Octets" ?

Best regards
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Acct-Input-Octets Unknown Module

Alan DeKok-2
On Oct 4, 2020, at 8:19 AM, Osama Zien Adden <[hidden email]> wrote

> I installed FreeRadius 3 on CentOS 7.
>
> I got this error message:
>
>  # Instantiating module "post_proxy_log" from file
> /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/detail.log
> /etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf[28]: Failed parsing
> expanded string:
> /etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf[28]:
> ...ed-IP-Address}','%{Service-Type}','%{Acct-Input-Octets:-0}','%{Acct-Output-Octets:-0}','%{NA...
>
> /etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf[28]:
>                      ^ Unknown module

  You edited the default configuration and broke it.  Don't do that.

  This error does not occur in the default configuration.

> The Acct-Input-Octets considered as Unknown Module.
> I enabled "redis" and "rediswho" and installed redis-server .. even I think
> that "redis" is not the module that I missed.

  The file "/etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf" is loaded from the SQL module.  It has nothing to do with redis.

> Kindly advice, why FreeRadius can not deal with "Acct-Input-Octets" ?

  It can, unless you break the configuration.

> What is the required module in mods-enabled that I should activate to use
> "Acct-Input-Octets" ?

  Nothing.  That attribute is in the dictionaries.  Not the configuration files.

  It appears you added the file "/etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf" to mods-enabled.  Why, I don't know.

  If you do something and the server breaks, you should probably *undo* that.  The server will then work.

  If you have a *problem* that you need help with, ask about the problem.  Right now, you've implemented a broken solution, and then are asking why the solution doesn't work.

  Alan DeKok.


-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
| Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Acct-Input-Octets Unknown Module

Osama Zien Adden
Dear Alan,

Yes I edited the queries.conf because I have to customize the default
FreeRadius DB structure.
But thanks I just solved my issue by changing %{Acct-Input-Octets:-0} to
%{%{Acct-Input-Octets}:-0}

The old Acct-Input-Octets attribute syntax %{Acct-Input-Octets:-0} was
working fine for me on FreeRadius 2.6, In 3 it seems that I have to add
extra %{ }

Best regards

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 3:36 PM Alan DeKok <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2020, at 8:19 AM, Osama Zien Adden <[hidden email]>
> wrote
> > I installed FreeRadius 3 on CentOS 7.
> >
> > I got this error message:
> >
> >  # Instantiating module "post_proxy_log" from file
> > /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/detail.log
> > /etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf[28]: Failed parsing
> > expanded string:
> > /etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf[28]:
> >
> ...ed-IP-Address}','%{Service-Type}','%{Acct-Input-Octets:-0}','%{Acct-Output-Octets:-0}','%{NA...
> >
> > /etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf[28]:
> >                      ^ Unknown module
>
>   You edited the default configuration and broke it.  Don't do that.
>
>   This error does not occur in the default configuration.
>
> > The Acct-Input-Octets considered as Unknown Module.
> > I enabled "redis" and "rediswho" and installed redis-server .. even I
> think
> > that "redis" is not the module that I missed.
>
>   The file "/etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf" is loaded
> from the SQL module.  It has nothing to do with redis.
>
> > Kindly advice, why FreeRadius can not deal with "Acct-Input-Octets" ?
>
>   It can, unless you break the configuration.
>
> > What is the required module in mods-enabled that I should activate to use
> > "Acct-Input-Octets" ?
>
>   Nothing.  That attribute is in the dictionaries.  Not the configuration
> files.
>
>   It appears you added the file
> "/etc/raddb/mods-config/sql/main/oracle/queries.conf" to mods-enabled.
> Why, I don't know.
>
>   If you do something and the server breaks, you should probably *undo*
> that.  The server will then work.
>
>   If you have a *problem* that you need help with, ask about the problem.
> Right now, you've implemented a broken solution, and then are asking why
> the solution doesn't work.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
> http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html