Accounting Requests originating from FreeRADIUS

Accounting Requests originating from FreeRADIUS

mufid ay
Hi there,

We have a few Wireless Access Points that support RADIUS authentication only. They won't send out any accounting requests.

And we are using FreeRADIUS to proxy authentication requests.

I was wondering if we can get FreeRADIUS to send out accounting requests on behalf of Access Points.
This will need to be after Access Accept message is received.

Is that possible? Is there any configuration examples?

thanks.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Accounting Requests originating from FreeRADIUS

Alan DeKok-2
On Sep 10, 2019, at 7:39 PM, mufid ay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have a few Wireless Access Points that support RADIUS authentication only. They won't send out any accounting requests.
>
> And we are using FreeRADIUS to proxy authentication requests.
>
> I was wondering if we can get FreeRADIUS to send out accounting requests on behalf of Access Points.
> This will need to be after Access Accept message is received.
>
> Is that possible? Is there any configuration examples?

  Accounting packets that contain... what?  You have no idea if the user is still online.  You have no idea how much traffic is being used.

  The only *truthful* accounting packets will be empty.  And there's no reason to send empty packets.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html