Accounting Data to Multiple Servers

J. Russell Woodman

Hi,

I'd like to send RADIUS accounting data to three separate accounting servers. I believe most of the configuration I need can be borrowed from robust-proxy-accounting from the default sites-available. However, I don't think "type = load-balancing" in the pool declaration is the option I need. Could someone point me in the right direction to make sure all three servers get all accounting data?

Thanks,
Russ Woodman
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: Accounting Data to Multiple Servers

Alan DeKok-2
On May 15, 2020, at 2:43 PM, J. Russell Woodman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd like to send RADIUS accounting data to three separate accounting servers. I believe most of the configuration I need can be borrowed from robust-proxy-accounting from the default sites-available. However, I don't think "type = load-balancing" in the pool declaration is the option I need. Could someone point me in the right direction to make sure all three servers get all accounting data?

  You can use the "replicate" module to send packets to multiple servers.  Just define 3 realms, one for each home server.  Then set Replicate-To-Realm three times.  And run the replicate module:

        update control {
                Replicate-To-Realm := "foo"
                Replicate-To-Realm := "bar"
                Replicate-To-Realm := "baz"