About nastype and Checkrad

Felix Chang
Sorry.. just something very confuse. I am using a
FreeBsd computer as my NAS, may I know what is the
nastype for this NAS? Is it "other"? I know when the
nastype is "other", the radius server won't call for
the checkrad. Therefore, if I want to use the checkrad
to check for the simultaneous-use, what should I do?
Do I really need to modify the script in the
checkrad?? Any reference on how to modify the script
in the checkrad? I am seeking it for a long time
already through the internet but nothing was found. It
is not much information about the checkrad. Please
knidly reply. Thanks!

Regards

Felix

Re: About nastype and Checkrad

Alan DeKok
Felix Chang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry.. just something very confuse. I am using a
> FreeBsd computer as my NAS, may I know what is the
> nastype for this NAS? Is it "other"?

  Yes.

>  I know when the nastype is "other", the radius server won't call
> for the checkrad. Therefore, if I want to use the checkrad to check
> for the simultaneous-use, what should I do?

  You resign yoyrself to the fact that you can't call checkrad.

> Any reference on how to modify the script in the checkrad?

  It's a Perl script, and not a very complicated one.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html