About FreeRADIUS configuration file

水上ナツ
I first touched FreeRADIUS. I have a question about the setting file.

· What is the role of sites-enabled/default? When will it be used?
· There are many files in mods-enabled, but can I delete unnecessary files?
  Is there no problem even if it does not delete?

I am waiting for reply.
Thank you.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: About FreeRADIUS configuration file

Alan DeKok-2

> On Feb 8, 2019, at 8:16 AM, 水上ナツ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I first touched FreeRADIUS. I have a question about the setting file.
>
> · What is the role of sites-enabled/default? When will it be used?

  It's where all of the policies are stored.

> · There are many files in mods-enabled, but can I delete unnecessary files?

  If you have no idea what the configuration does, then you should not edit it.

>  Is there no problem even if it does not delete?

  The default configuration is there for a reason.  It works.  If you edit it, it's likely to stop working.

  Please read the FreeRADIUS technical guide from this page:  https://networkradius.com/freeradius-documentation/

  It explains a lot of concepts for RADIUS and FreeRADIUS.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: About FreeRADIUS configuration file

水上ナツ
Thank you for your reply.
I have an additional question.

> It's where all of the policies are stored.

Are sites-enabled/defaul used for setting something?
What is the difference between sites-enabled/defaul and
sites-enabled/inner-tunnel?

> If you have no idea what the configuration does, then you should not edit
it.
Do not set them unless you use modules,
Is the recognition correct?
(It is not necessarily necessary to set it up)

I am waiting for reply.
Thank you.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

On Feb 8, 2019, at 8:47 AM, 水上ナツ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Are sites-enabled/defaul used for setting something?

  Uh... yes.  The server ships with configuration files that it *uses*.  Anything else would be ridiculous.

> What is the difference between sites-enabled/defaul and
> sites-enabled/inner-tunnel?

  At this point, I'm going to ask you to read the documentation.  There is no point in doing many Q&A emails on this list when the answers exist in the documentation.

> it.
> Do not set them unless you use modules,
> Is the recognition correct?
> (It is not necessarily necessary to set it up)

  The server uses modules.  Which is why the modules (and their configuration) are included in the default install.

  You're clearly interesting in mangling the config without understanding it.  That's wrong.  Go read the documentation.  The concepts and configuration files should  be clear to you after that.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html