A little help on freeradius with ldap

Marco Miglietta
A little help on freeradius with ldap

I configured freeradius 2.2.5 on debian 8.7 for authentication with LDAP
following this usefull post and all works fine...

http://mageconfig.blogspot.com/2014/11/configure-radius-with-ldap-for-network.html

Freeradius pass the authentication's task to LDAP.

How can I make that only the users present in mysql radius database are
checked on LDAP ?

I'm not much experienced whit linux ed freeradius. Sorry !

Thank you.

Marco.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: A little help on freeradius with ldap

Alan DeKok-2
On Nov 20, 2019, at 6:56 AM, Marco Miglietta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A little help on freeradius with ldap
>
> I configured freeradius 2.2.5 on debian 8.7 for authentication with LDAP following this usefull post and all works fine...

  FreeRADIUS v2 is end of life.  You shouldn't be using it.

> http://mageconfig.blogspot.com/2014/11/configure-radius-with-ldap-for-network.html
>
> Freeradius pass the authentication's task to LDAP.
>
> How can I make that only the users present in mysql radius database are checked on LDAP ?

  In the "default" virtual server:

authorize {
        sql
        if (ok) {
                ldap

  That's pretty much it.

> I'm not much experienced whit linux ed freeradius. Sorry !

  That's fine.  Everyone starts somewhere.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: A little help on freeradius with ldap

Marco Miglietta
Thank you very much Mr. Alan,
how to make a man happy with two lines of code !
Marco.

Il 20/11/19 13:20, Alan DeKok ha scritto:

> On Nov 20, 2019, at 6:56 AM, Marco Miglietta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> A little help on freeradius with ldap
>>
>> I configured freeradius 2.2.5 on debian 8.7 for authentication with LDAP following this usefull post and all works fine...
>    FreeRADIUS v2 is end of life.  You shouldn't be using it.
>
>> http://mageconfig.blogspot.com/2014/11/configure-radius-with-ldap-for-network.html
>>
>> Freeradius pass the authentication's task to LDAP.
>>
>> How can I make that only the users present in mysql radius database are checked on LDAP ?
>    In the "default" virtual server:
>
> authorize {
> sql
> if (ok) {
> ldap
>
>    That's pretty much it.
>
>> I'm not much experienced whit linux ed freeradius. Sorry !
>    That's fine.  Everyone starts somewhere.
>
>    Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

*Ing. Marco Miglietta*

*Universita' del Salento*

Ripartizione Tecnica e Tecnologica - Area Gestione Infrastrutture

Ex Collegio Fiorini - Via per Arnesano - Monteroni di Lecce (LE) - ITALY

tel: +39 0832 299050/299058 - fax: +39 0832 299998

mob: +39 320 9223913

skype: marcomiglietta

mail: [hidden email]

web: www.unisalento.it <http://www.unisalento.it>