802.1x supplicant address with freeradius backend

802.1x supplicant address with freeradius backend

X Xiao
I'm using EAP/802.1x (hostapd) along with freeradius to authenticate
wireless users which worked well, is there a way for me to know which IP
address is used by each logged-in user?

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: 802.1x supplicant address with freeradius backend

Alan DeKok-2
On Nov 2, 2020, at 8:37 PM, X Xiao <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using EAP/802.1x (hostapd) along with freeradius to authenticate
> wireless users which worked well, is there a way for me to know which IP
> address is used by each logged-in user?

  The NAS should send accounting packets which contain Framed-IP-Address.  I'm not sure that hostapd does that, to be honest.

  There is no other way in RADIUS to get this information.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: 802.1x supplicant address with freeradius backend

Hans-Christian Esperer
On 11/11/20 4:26 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2020, at 8:37 PM, X Xiao <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm using EAP/802.1x (hostapd) along with freeradius to authenticate
>> wireless users which worked well, is there a way for me to know which IP
>> address is used by each logged-in user?
>   The NAS should send accounting packets which contain Framed-IP-Address.  I'm not sure that hostapd does that, to be honest.

I can confirm that hostapd does send accounting packets that contain sta
IP addresses. hostapd is also used by many commercial products...

HC

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html