3.0.21 installed from source fails to parse /mods-config/files/authorize?

3.0.21 installed from source fails to parse /mods-config/files/authorize?

Gleb Lisikh
Installed 3.0.21 from source on Ubuntu18 (from scratch) and onCentOS7 over
previous working 3.0.20 instance, and in both cases got the following when
doing the "Initial Test"  radtest testing password 127.0.0.1 0 testing123 as
per https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/Getting-Started

 (0) pap: WARNING: No "known good" password found for the user.  Not
 setting Auth-Type
 (0) pap: WARNING: Authentication will fail unless a "known good"  password is
available

Entry in  "users" ( /mods-config/files/authorize symlink)  file is updated
testing Cleartext-Password := "password"
users file is still a symlink.

Any advice why the radiusd seems to be ignoring the users file?

Thank you!
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: 3.0.21 installed from source fails to parse /mods-config/files/authorize?

Gleb Lisikh
Resolved.
The config files radiusd used (including users file)  were in
usr/local/etc/radiusd/ directory.
But /etc/radiusd/ directory was also setup, and I was editing users file
there, which had no effect, of course.

Where radiusd directory is meant to be? And why I ended up having two
starting from vanilla source installation?

Thank you,
Gleb

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 10:31 PM Gleb Lisikh <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Installed 3.0.21 from source on Ubuntu18 (from scratch) and onCentOS7 over
> previous working 3.0.20 instance, and in both cases got the following
> when doing the "Initial Test"  radtest testing password 127.0.0.1 0
> testing123 as per https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/Getting-Started
>
>  (0) pap: WARNING: No "known good" password found for the user.  Not
>  setting Auth-Type
>  (0) pap: WARNING: Authentication will fail unless a "known good"
>  password is available
>
> Entry in  "users" ( /mods-config/files/authorize symlink)  file is
> updated
> testing Cleartext-Password := "password"
> users file is still a symlink.
>
> Any advice why the radiusd seems to be ignoring the users file?
>
> Thank you!

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Re: 3.0.21 installed from source fails to parse /mods-config/files/authorize?

Alan DeKok-2
On Mar 18, 2020, at 11:14 PM, Gleb Lisikh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Resolved.
> The config files radiusd used (including users file)  were in
> usr/local/etc/radiusd/ directory.

  Which is the default location when you run the "configure" script.

> But /etc/radiusd/ directory was also setup, and I was editing users file
> there, which had no effect, of course.
>
> Where radiusd directory is meant to be? And why I ended up having two
> starting from vanilla source installation?

  Because you changed the install location on the previous run of the software.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html